Sunday 22 September 2013

NYC❤️

New York City; a concrete jungle where dreams are made of, big lights will inspire you and the streets will make you feel brand new. 
Jay Z says it all when he describes his love for the city and i couldnt agree more. 
NYC isnt just the clichè you see in the movies or on TV, it is more meaningful and powerful to a point that you can hardly put your finger on it. 
I always wanted to be an interior designer and live in an amazing apartment on the top floor of an iconic building, wishful thinking after realising how much one of those can go for. 
Nevertheless i can always say now that in my life i have been and experienced the city i once was fond of and now fallen head over heels for. 
I went at a time in my life when i needed one of those moments to just stop, stop, think and just breathe. Pretty drastic flying thousands of miles on your own when the furthest you had been on your own was probably Manchester! 
Its still difficult to describe how i felt and what i experienced in just one sentence, i can only think of words as i am still in awe of my time there. 
Safe, home, comfortable, reflective, independant, appriciative, confident, wise, peaceful, couragous, open minded...the list could go on. 
I will never forget my time i had and what lease of life it gave me, New York i will be forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment