Monday 23 September 2013

Where are you really from..Part 2

Well i set out what i said i would do and looked into my home town and what an eye opener it has been so far. 
Researching into Walton could go further and further but what i do know is my home town was first recorded in 1066! 
There was a zoo just nearby in 1884, Pongo the Chimp was the star attraction which had visitors such as King Edward VII, i love going to the zoo so to know that there was one on my doorstep is now wishful thinking as now resides a Sainsburys. I know which i would choose to be there now!
Walton Hospital, a place i visited many times to see my Mum and Grandad was also the birth place of Paul McCartney no less. 
So as much as moan about where i live and how Walton life has changed i cant think of anywhere better to come from. If Paul, just a lad from Walton can have his dreams come true then so can i. 


No comments:

Post a Comment